Y Innovations Inc. is a federally recognized 501(c)(3) non-profit organization based in Wilmington, Delaware working to help build sustainable lives by building affordable, environmentally-friendly, energy-efficient homes for those in need around the world. The core of who we are and what we hope to achieve can be understood in several beliefs fundamental to our organization’s mission:
• We believe that the resources exist for all people to have a secure place to live.
• We believe that costs to the environment must be factored in when weighing methods of creating housing.
• We believe that cities do best when home-ownership levels are high and citizens have the financial means to take pride in both their property and its place in the community.
• We believe that with enough resources, all human beings have the capabilities to take the type of well-informed, well-calculated risks that have led to mankind’s greatest achievements.
• We believe that the 21st century represents a critical juncture not only for mankind, but for the fate of our planet. That is to say we stand on the threshold of the future, a future that must be navigated carefully in order to ensure prosperity.
• We believe that if as many members of society as possible are engaged in undertaking the challenges presented by this century, we will be best suited to embrace and address them.
• We believe that the innate desire for discovery and understanding of our Universe, and our individual place in it, is fundamental to who we are as human beings.
• We believe that an environment that promotes queries using the first-principles thinking method is essential to nurturing creative, successful, and higher level thinking.
• We believe that organizations function best when they provide a platform for individuals to be the best version of themselves.